Translation is the silent partner driving a global marketplace. There are around 2,700 languages and over 7,000 dialects spoken around the world.
Excellence in translation is vital to launch products and services successfully worldwide. The solution must provide:
- Fast delivery to market: Translation may be the last phase before delivery to the market and must be integrated within wider company processes across a global team.
- Accuracy, quality assurance and consistency: The need for a process-driven approach to quality management is essential.
- A successful global brand: Global excellence is achieved thanks to local expertise, when local language, market and cultural needs are fully woven into the process.
What is a translation? Literally, a translation conveys the equivalent content, meaning and message from one language into another. A translation should be an accurate rendering of concepts and terminology and also be fluent in style. The word itself, translation, derives from Latin translatio (which comes from trans- and fero, meaning "to carry across" or "to bring across").
Success in translation depends on the quality and suitability of the original language. Translation is part of a wider process, comprising:
- Determining the need for international presence/sales
- Preparing the source language, product and service for localization
- Ensuring accuracy, comprehensibility and fluency of the local language version during translation
- Respecting cultural diversity
- Recognizing local business, regulatory or market requirements